Friday 21 February 2014

Guest Post: Turtle's Picks of Favorite Books

15.  The Magic Thief

Sarah Prineas

       


                         14. The Cricket in Time Square

George Seldon


                                                                                                13.  Ungifted

Gordan Korman

      











                                         12. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

Mark Twain

     

11. Robinson Crusoe

Daniel Dafoe

     











   10. Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH

Robert O'Brien

    

                                                                                                9. FableHaven

Brandon Mull

     












                                           8. Percy Jackson series 

Rick Riordan
                                       
                                    

                                                                                                                            

7. Spirit Animals

Brandon Mull















                                                 6. Treasure Hunters

James Patterson

   

                                                                                                                                       

5. The Neverending Story

Michael Ende










                                                        

                                                   4. Planet Tad

Tim Carvell

   

3. The Chronicles of Narnia

C.S. Lewis

  












                                          2. Diary of a Wimpy Kid series

Jeff Kinney

1. Harry Potter series

J.K. Rowling

   

These books (listed above) are some of my all-time favorites but if I were to list all of them I would use a lot of paper. So I tried to let you in on my 15 favorites. If you have not read this selection of books you can and I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.





 HONORABLE MENTIONS



I simply had to include an "Honorable Mention" section as there are far 
too many books to choose from!


Jules Verne
 

Lewis Carroll

                                                                                                                             
Rudyard Kipling
 
Lisa McMann

9 comments:

  1. An exciting and impressive collection Turtle. I have read some on your list, but not all of them. Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Louise, that was the elusive Turtle in between you and me

      Delete
    2. I've read the Narnia books, Robinson Crusoe, Huckleberry Finn and I think the Narnia books would be my favourites from Turtle's collection. All of these books I did not read until I reached adulthood though...but enjoyed them all immensely.

      Delete
  2. I agree, Turtle, if we put ALL our all-time faves, we'd use up a lot of paper!! Nice choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful choices, Turtle. I had forgotten about A Cricket in Times Square. I loved that book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Turtle. It's lovely to see what the young are reading today and I agree with your number one choice. I also loved all the Narnia books as a kid growing up in the 60s and 70s. They are timeless aren't they. I think the HP ones will be also. Don't you ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab selection! I would love to read quite a few of those! Thanks for sharing your list!

    ReplyDelete